mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Going Vintage

Going Vintage -

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I don’t read a lot of contemporary stuff, but when I do I’m often disappointed by flat characters. Mallory was not a flat character. When she discovered that her boyfriends was cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she decided to go extreme and give up all technology – as if she were living in the 60s. Now, I would never be able to do that. So kudos for her! And she wasn’t little miss perfect either. She lashed out at people, she got emotional, she messed up her goals, but she did try to be true to herself.

I loved that this book wasn’t completely predictable like most contemporary books are. Some things were, sure – but not everything. It was refreshing and sweet and everything I needed to read when I read it.

And Oliver was one of the sweetest book boyfriends I’ve read in quite awhile. That alone made this book worth it.

Source: http://www.mandikayereads.com/review-going-vintage-by-lindsey-leavitt