mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Data Runner - Sam A. Patel Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/3181 (7/8/13)This book had a very very slow start to it. I wasn't sure I was going to finish it, to tell you the truth. It's a very different sort of book than I normally read, and it opened with an information dump to acclimate the reader to the unique world of the story. It was confusing and difficult to follow at times.And then when I realized how much of the story relied on the fad of parkour, I definitely almost put it down. That trend went viral last year and then died down again. Reading about it now felt a bit dated - especially in a book set in the future. But I pushed through because I've been in a reading rut and I wanted to read something different.And by the time I got to the end, I was glad I did.About halfway through the action really ramped up. The pace picked up and it stayed up right until the end. My heart was in my chest while I rooted for Jack to figure out the truth and save his friend - and himself. In the end, most of the questions were tidily answered and everything was wrapped up in a neat little bow. But there were just enough new questions left to segue into the next book in the series (which I will definitely read).