mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Hallowed - Cynthia Hand Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/567When does the next one come out?I think I may have a love/hate relationship with this one. Don’t get me wrong – I loved it and can’t wait to read the next one. But parts of it frustrated me to no end.I still love this world of angel-bloods that Hand has created. Even though many of my questions from the first book were answered, I still have a million questions that need to be answered. But the love triangle business was really distracting me from everything else that was going on. I can’t say too much, since I prefer to keep spoilers out of my reviews, but there were times where I wanted to throw my hands in the air and shout enough is enough! And really, that’s why I only give it 4.5 stars instead of 5.Overall, I did love the book. I was on pins and needles with Clara as she struggled to understand her vision and make the choices that would define her. I’m dying to know more Angela – I’m hoping we get some insight into her in the next book. I keep wondering if she’s trustworthy, though nothing in the story would indicate she isn’t. It’s just a niggling feeling I have in the back of my head. And Jeffrey. When will we get to see more of what’s happening inside his head? I have an idea… but I am truly hoping I am wrong.If you loved Unearthly, you will absolutely not be disappointed with Hallowed.