mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/578Oh. My. Goddess.This is without a doubt one of my favorite books so far this year (I know, I know – it’s still only January -but it was incredible!). It took me a bit to get into The Goddess Test when I read it last year, but by the end I adored it.This book completely blows that one out of the water.I lamented at a lack of character development in the first one – but this book oozed with so much of it that my heart ached. I physically ached while I was reading this book. My emotions ran the full spectrum while in this story – rage, love, sorrow, joy… it’s all there, written beautifully by Aimee Carter.Carter has taken a well known world of mythology and re-imagined it in a way that remains true to the spirit of the myths while creating a new world that I personally love to visit.The scenes between Henry and Kate are my favorite, even if they were the most painful to read sometimes. I see so much of my own personality in Kate – the way she thinks, particularly about love – that it’s impossible for me not to connect with her. I do, however, think Aimee Carter is cruel with the way she ended this book.HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME AIMEE?Talk about a cliffhanger ending! When I realized that was the final sentence of the book, I very nearly shouted in frustration – in public. I need to know what happens next. Aimee told me on Twitter the next book comes out in December, so I have to wait nearly a year to continue the story… but oh it will be worth every second of the wait.A snippet that made me giggle:"I didn’t know how that ranked as far as romantic gestures went, but I was pretty sure it was at least as high as getting me a puppy."