mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

White Witch - Trish Milburn Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/994 (2/27/12)I gotta say - I was hooked pretty early on when it was revealed that the main character and her new best friends are both Whedon fans. That was definitely enough to keep me reading.This is definitely the kind of book that I most enjoy reading - it reminded me of Kim Harrison's The Hollows series or Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Supernatural + good powerful girl who can kick butt = WINNER!Sometimes the writing was a little distracting - there were a few too many pop culture references thrown in. Enough that if felt as if the author were desperately pandering to a specific audience - but that sort of pandering was not necessary.My only real complaint was that it was too short. I loved the conflict and the romance (and NO love triangle!) but I want more of the story now.