mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Spellbound - Cara Lynn Shultz Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/1128I'm a sucker for a good love story. I adore witchy stories. Put them together and you get Spellbound - a really really good read - despite what the summary would have you believe.Brendan is another of the YA boys who is irresistible. He prompted me to tweet about YA boys because, let's face it, they never measure up in real life. But Brendan is definitely my current YA boy crush.Emma is another of strong YA girls who doesn't let people push her around, and I love that about her. The scene where she stood up for her cousin's honor clinched it for me - Emma is a bad ass.I do wish they had explored Emma's witchy side a bit more - but I'm guessing that's what the sequel is for since this book easily could have been a standalone novel.Bottom line: if you love the idea of soulmates who have been tragically separated in each reincarnation - and you have a fondness for the witch - definitely read this one.