mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Spellcaster - Cara Lynn Shultz Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/1145I enjoyed this one just as much as the first one – and my earlier wish came true: this one was definitely heavy on the witchy.Emma is growing into quite the capable witch who protects those she loves with a ferocity I can’t help but admire.Brendan is still a huge boy crush for me, but he was a little overbearing and overprotective throughout the story. It’s sweet that he wants to protect Emma, but he really needs to learn and understand that she is strong and can do some things better than he can.Angelique is my favorite selfless witchy sidekick.Megan – well she doesn’t deserve any space devoted to her.The ending reminded me a bit of the end of The Craft (in tone, not in what actually happened) – which is a plus, considering I love that movie.I’m looking forward to spending more time with these guys, so I hope there are more books coming in the series.