mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Forgiving Trinity - Liz Reinhardt Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/1482 (4/11/12)I really didn’t know what to expect when I went into this one; self-published books are always so hit or miss for me. Luckily, I really enjoyed this one.Trin’s character was flawlessly written. Her fears, her insecurities, and even the moment of truth where she realized she needed to grow up – all of it was wholly believable. I was right there with her as she was struggling to find out who she is now that she’s clean. This a story that is not often told in YA literature, but it’s one that should be.There is life after addiction. There is life after you’ve screwed up. Your past does not define who you are.All of these truths, and more, are told in Trin’s story of redemption. And the beautiful thing is that her entire redemption story came from inside. No one but Trin herself could forgive. No one but Trin herself could offer absolution.It was truly beautiful.