mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

The Lost Code - Kevin Emerson Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/1784 (5/14)I struggled with deciding on a rating for this one. I couldn’t decide between 2 and 3. I thought it was “okay.” It wasn’t bad- it just wasn’t great. I was very much meh the entire time I was reading it- and it felt like a chore to finish it.Not a great recommendation, right?I was so disappointed! I was hoping for an epic adventure like Percy Jackson or any of Rick Riordan’s books, honestly. Instead, I got nearly 500 pages of nothing. And it was so promising- a dystopian society in the future mixed in with ancient Atlantis? How could that possibly go wrong? But it did. There was no world-building, I never developed a vested connection with any of the characters, and too much was simply left unexplained.The story does have some great potential, it just didn’t live up to it. It was very slow- very little action, very little exposition. The second book is likely to be better (this one would have been better if it were 100 pages shorter, I think).Honestly, if I were you I would pass this one up for something else.