mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Review at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/1801 (5/16)Holy surprising book, Batman!I knew nothing about this book when I went in- other than the blurb that's up there. Nothing. Based on that description, I assumed it must be some sort of Contemporary YA novel that would be a good read.It was much, much more.I don't even know how to describe it. My friend Amanda did a pretty good job:And honestly, that kind of sums it up.This is one of those books that sucks you in and gets under your skin right away. It kept me guessing, which I always adore when reading a book that has an air of mystery and intrigue about it. I'm still guessing, truth be told. What's real? What isn't? I suspect this book has only begun to scratch the surface of a much larger story- one that I absolutely cannot wait to read.Will everything we think we know- what Mara thinks she knows- be turned upside down? Somehow, I suspect it will.And I can't leave without mentioning Noah. Perfect, lickable, amazing Noah. If that's not enough to intrigue you, nothing will.