mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Wilde's Fire - Krystal Wade Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/2003 (June 4, 2012)I’m sad to say that while the premise of this book held promise, the execution didn’t really work for me.Once Kate goes through the portal, there is no hesitation on her part to accept the truth and her role in saving this new (to her) world. She just embraces it and has no normal person freak out that 1) there’s another world/dimension 2) her family is from said world and lied to her all of her life and 3) she is supposed to be a super hero who will save it.I just can’t suspend disbelief that much.THEN. On top of all of that, she falls in love with Arland immediately since she’d been dreaming about him all of her life. And it’s unclear if he’d been dreaming about her or not (I think not), but he falls in love with her within 2 seconds as well. Then they kiss, bathe together, and share a bed for weeks – but they never sleep together.Sorry. Uh uh. I just can’t get there. Everything in this book happened way way too fast.Character development. World building. These are basic building blocks of a great book that were simply missing from this one.However, it was still a somewhat enjoyable read because the premise of the story was interesting to me. I won’t actively seek the next in the series, but if I happened upon it I would read it.