mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Flirting in Italian - Lauren Henderson Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/2091 (6/22/12)This was one of the biggest disappointments of the year so far. It tried too hard to be everything for everybody, and as a result the story was all over the place. The primary story seems to be that of Violet searching for her family history, which takes her to Italy. But the title of the novel would have you believe that the side-plot of Violet and Luca would be the primary focus. The two stories battled each other, vying for attention - which means that neither of them truly took precedence over the other.On top of that, you've got the side stories of the three other girls, the Italian instructor who isn't quite who she seems, and the nasty daughter who calls the girls names and sneers at them.There's just too much going on. The ending was abrupt and felt like it came out of nowhere. And I was left feeling as if nothing had truly happened. There will be a sequel... but I don't yet know if I'll give it a try.