mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Skinny - Donna Cooner Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/2226 (7/2/12)This ended up being a very difficult book for me to read. In the end, it inspired a blog post that triggered a bout of depression that left me in a funk for days. For a book to have that kind of effect on me, it absolutely deserves a 5. I turn thirty this year, yet I still see myself in this fifteen year old girl. The way she looks at herself is the way that I look at myself. The way that she pushes away the world is the same way that I push away the world.Ever is me.And the thing I learned the most from reading this book is that just because your outside changes doesn't mean your inside does. And your insides don't always match your outsides. It sounds like common sense, but this is something that so many young girls - and even young adults - struggle with. It's always if I can lose 5 more pounds. Or my life will begin once such and such happens.Ever's story is about embracing who you are while you strive towards becoming the best you that you can be.It's a story every girl should read.