mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Hexed - Kevin Hearne Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/2267 (8/6/12)My only real complaint about this one is that Oberon wasn’t in it quite as much as he was in the first one. And this is also the book that introduces us to Coyote – who I hate with a passion. Not only do I dislike the character himself, I truly dislike hearing him speak in the audiobook – not to mention how Atticus attempts a terrible Southern drawl when he speaks to Coyote. It’s distracting.The overall story itself is somewhat disjointed. It felt more like several short stories strung together into a book because there was just so much going on – a demon round up, Bacchants, a coven of witches out for blood… and all of those story lines were pretty much independent of one another. I found myself feeling sorry for Atticus because the poor guy never got a break!Despite the disjointed feeling of the story, I found myself completely enamored (still!) with all of the characters. This definitely remains one of my all time favorite fictional worlds. And Luke Daniels as the narrator continues to bring all of the characters to life. It truly leaves me in awe when a single man can produce so many varied voices of both genders – and you buy every single one of them. That’s talent, right there.