mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Tricked - Kevin Hearne Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/2300 (8/22/12)I was all set to hate this one because Coyote is a prominent character and I truly dislike Coyote. But surprisingly enough, I didn't hate it at all. I loved it!Oberon is back!Granuaile is making huge strides in her apprenticeship to Atticus, and it was honestly lovely to see the three of them (Granuaile, Atticus, and Oberon) working together to help the earth and defeat the skinwalkers. These guys are the heart of the series and going back to them made putting up with Coyote worth it. Especially since Coyote helped Atticus fake his death not once but twice to avoid death by god.I think one of my favorite parts of the book was when Atticus communicated with the elemental Colorado. The elemental was so sad and lonely and then got so happy that Atticus was there. It made me get a big goofy grin on my face.When this book opened, it was with Atticus faking his death to avoid the consequences of the events in Hammered. It felt like the end of an era. Atticus had already gotten rid of his bookstore and moved out of his house. His life in Tempe was over. And then the more you read (or listened) you realized that a new chapter of his story was just beginning. The decade he spent in Tempe was a small blip in the life of the two thousand year old druid.There are two more books scheduled to come out in the series, but I hope that there are more after those. And I really hope that he starts to give Granuaile Immortali-Tea.