mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

The Murmurings - Carly Anne West Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/3023 (2/15/13)Holy creepy batman.If The Ring were written as a YA novel minus the weird videotape because you’re born being able to see the creepy oily-haired girl – this is that novel.And the creepy thing crawls out of mirrors instead of televisions.There’s no real way to explain the plot of this book without giving away spoilers, so I’m not going to try. Just know – if you like the creep factor – you’re going to like this book.Sometimes when authors try to be creepy it just ends up overly cheesy and campy, especially when a primary setting is a mental institution. But that didn’t happen with this book. I found it to be original and it grabbed my attention right away. Even after I knew what was going on, I wasn’t completely sure what side everybody was on and how the book was going to end. There was no predictable factor here and that makes it an automatic win for me.The only thing that stopped it from being a 5 for me was that I felt like the ending happened a little too quickly. More things needed to be explained and take place before the book ended, in my opinion. Questions needed to be answered.