mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

Big Girl Panties - Stephanie Evanovich Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/3045This book had so much potential. But honestly, it just made me mad. The only message this book sent was that overweight women are broken and don’t deserve love until they’re fixed.This is an unacceptable view of women.Even while part of me enjoyed the romance aspect of the novel – who doesn’t enjoy a good romance? – I found myself loathing every part of the book because it said that Holly wasn’t worth love until she was beautiful by society’s standards. Her first husband was someone she settled for because she knew that as an overweight woman she’d likely never find someone else.What kind of message is that?It’s utter ridiculousness!And after she lost most of her weight? Logan still didn’t want to bring her out in public and acknowledge her because she just wasn’t quite thin enough.I’m not even kidding.I’d suggest you pass on this one unless you want to give yourself high blood pressure.