mandikaye

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/3210 (7/17/13)Sydney continues to drive me crazy. When I read these books, I sometimes feel that her sole purpose in life is to drive me crazy. Of course, that's insane. But I'm a crazy reader. I'm allowed to have insane thoughts.A lot happens in this book.We finally find Marcus Finch. And he's instantly hardcore pushing Sydney to leave everything she's ever known without giving her a lot of reasons why other than "You know they're wrong." And his alternative hasn't been proven to be a good alternative yet. So in my mind he's still pretty sketch. But Sydney still agrees to work with him to get information about or against the Alchemists - especially when she realizes it might have something to do with Jill.A magic-stealing immortality quester is targeting young witches/magic users. So Sydney could potentially be a target. She and Adrian begin to search for this woman to take her down and those scenes are some of my favorites - but then, I love every scene with Sydney and Adrian in it. Adrian brings out the best in Sydney and she doesn't even realize it. She stops blindly following rules and seeks answers for herself. She uses her own power and follows her heart.And through all of this, they're still hiding and protecting Jill so that Lissa can remain Queen.Not to mention the various other romantic storylines happening (Eddie/Jill anyone?)Phew!And about the ending of this book? Can I just say - it's about time Ms. Sage.I love this world. Richelle continues to write a world filled with love, death, action, sorrow, grief, life, and happiness. And she does it so seemingly effortlessly. When I read one of these novels, I am instantly transported away from this world to that one. And that is the marker of a 5 star novel for me.